Dr. Necibe Tuncer
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Boca Raton - SE43, Room 202
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Auburn University, 2007
- Mathematical Epidemiology
- Age structured PDE Models
- Immuno-Epidemiological Models
- Structural and Practical Identifiability of Nested Epidemiological Models
By training, I am an applied mathematician who enjoys to develop accurate, efficient and robust numerical methods to solve real-world problems. Mainly, I focus on developing finite element methods for partial differential equations defined on surfaces. Such problems have many interesting applications; tumor growth, butterfly wing pigmentation and cell motility to name a few.
During my postdoc years I got interested in mathematical biology and started several collaborations in this area. This is a very exciting area of my research.
- Editor for the Mathematical Biosciences
- Editor for the Journal of Biological Systems
- Invited Editor for the 25th Year special issue of the Journal of Biological Systems
- Department of Mathematical Sciences Committee for Graduate Studies
- Member of the Society of Industrial Mathematics