Dr. Rainer Steinwandt
Ph.D. in Computer Science from the Universitaet Karlsruhe, Germany, 2000.
- Computer Algerbra
For my Ph.D. thesis, I focused on research in computer algebra, exploring algorithmic questions related to Groebner bases. Until today, I greatly enjoy the use of such tools in my work. After graduation, my research focus has moved to cryptography, which offers a fascinating spectrum of scientific challenges in the intersection of various disciplines. I am interested in applying mathematics to problems in cryptography and in exploring the interplay of cryptography with neighboring disciplines, such as computer science and physics.
- P. D'Arco, M. I. González Vasco, C. Soriente, and R. Steinwandt
"Private Set Intersection: New Generic Constructions and Feasibility Results"
Advances in Mathematics of Communications, to appear.
- F. Hess, M. I. González Vasco, and R. Steinwandt
"Combined schemes for signature and encryption: the public-key and the identity-based setting;"
Information and Computation, vol. 246, pp. 1-10, 2016.
- S. Kepley, D. Russo, and R. Steinwandt
"Cryptanalysis of a modern rotor machine in a multicast setting"
- C. Chen, T. Eisenbarth, I. von Maurich, and R. Steinwandt
"Horizontal and Vertical Side Channel Analysis of a McEliece Cryptosystem"
IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 11, no. 6, 1093-1105, 2016.
- M. Grassl, B. Langenberg, M. Roetteler, and R. Steinwandt
"Applying Grover's Algorithm to AES: Quantum Resource Estimates"
Proceedings of Post-Quantum Cryptography 2016, vol. 9606 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 29-43, Springer, 2016.
Full list of publications: http://brain.math.fau.edu/~srainer/
- Co-Managing Editor: Journal of Mathematical Cryptology
- Editorial Board Member: Cryptography; Designs, Codes and Cryptography; Journal of Algebra, Combinatorics, Discrete Structures & Applications; Journal Of Universal Computer Science
- Co-chair: 2015 Korea-US Joint Workshop on Quantum Information
- Co-organizer (selected): Dagstuhl Seminars 11381, 13371, 15371, 17401 Quantum Cryptanalysis
- Program Committee Member (selected): ASIACRYPT 2017, ICISSP 2017, PQCrypto 2017, SECITC 2017, ASIACRYPT 2016, ICISC 2016, ICISSP 2016, ICITS 2016, PQCrypto 2016, SECITC 2016